Commercial Driver DUI Charges in Seattle
Get Help from Our Seattle CDL DUI Lawyers
A DUI offense under any circumstances can be devastating, but as a commercial driver, it has the potential to seriously impact your career and livelihood. Since commercial vehicle drivers are held to stricter standards when driving, Washington State imposes harsh consequences for commercial drivers charged with DUI.
Our team of Seattle CDL DUI attorneys understands the concerns you are facing. We are committed to fighting for you as an individual, and don't see you as just another case to tack onto our resume. When your commercial license is involved, you are facing more than a suspension— your livelihood is at risk.
There is simply too much on the line! With our 24-hour, on-call lawyer, you never have to wait to obtain counsel from Guadagno Law, PLLC.
What Will Happen To My Commercial Driver's License?
Unlike other DUI offenses in Washington, the legal blood alcohol content (BAC) for a commercial driver is .04 percent and below. Anything at or above .04 is considered against the law.
- Along with other possible penalties imposed by Washington for a DUI charge, including a maximum of 1 year in jail and fines of up to $5,000, a DUI offense as a commercial driver could have a drastic impact on your future.
- For a first time offense, Washington law requires the immediate suspension of your commercial driver's license (CDL). If this is your second offense, your CDL will be suspended for life.
- It is especially important to note that even if you are not driving a commercial vehicle when charged with a DUI, you are still liable for the suspension of your CDL.
- After being arrested for a DUI offense, you typically have just 20 days to request a hearing with the Washington Department of Licensing (DOL). After this 20 day window, your request will be denied.
Secure a Tough Defense for Your CDL
Our Seattle Commercial Driver DUI lawyers want to work with you to protect your future. With such serious penalties on the line, it is vital that we examine every avenue of your case, fighting aggressively to contest any CDL suspensions.
When you work with our firm, you receive:
- 24-hour emergency services
- Tailored legal counsel
- Multiple years of hands-on criminal defense experience
- Services throughout the entire King County region
- Affordable payment plans
Perhaps one of the most distressing factors of a DUI offense is simply the unknown. When you are equipped with the knowledge you need, a tough situation becomes much more manageable.
Our firm seeks to ensure that your questions are answered when you need them to be, and you have the support you always need moving forward.
I have worked on both sides of the criminal courtroom.
I have handled thousands of cases over the years.
I am on call for 24-hour emergency counsel.
I have a sole focus on criminal defense law.
I have over 17 years of criminal defense experience.
I offer affordable payment plans to focus on what matters.